Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LOWEPRO/Tenba
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:51:07 +0100

- --------------F7BC436C665E58C098885591

Donal,

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Tenba. I've a couple of their
bags, and though I'm no pro-user they do seem very strong, they wore out a
pair of new trousers in a weeks walking in Israel - the Cordura rubbing
against my wallet filled back pocket... "Too much money", I hear you say!
Not any longer...
And they came in a funky shade of burnt orange, great for repelling people
who might want to walk off with it discreetly!

One's like a satchel which could do to be just a little larger, I can
squeeze an A4 pad into the rear pocket if its really thin, I suspect it was
made for your 'legal' paper size. This holds maybe 2 bodies with lenses,
another couple of lenses back to back (up top) and down below a brick of
film, or maybe three more lenses, but of course you can rearrange the
partitions to suit yourself. 12 1/2" x 9 1/2" x 3". I see they make three
models like this now, all of which are a little larger.

The second one is a Tenba (Aqua) Pro Pack ("the favourite top
photojournalist bag since 1977" - oh yeah?) this claims to be completely
waterproof, well it doesn't zip up, so you have to remember to leave it
upright with the top well strapped down, but it's been in some downpoors
with me and done alright. I keep all my SL stuff in there, sucks up a 15mm
lens in one of those front pockets nicely!

Tenba have never been well known in Britain, are they really that popular in
the 'States?
I know Jim's not a terrific fan!

Jem

Donal Philby wrote:

> Perhaps a Tenba bag is next.  Designed by a photojournalist, they should
> be good to work out of, not just for looking good.
>
> Donal Philby

- --------------F7BC436C665E58C098885591

<HTML>
Donal,

<P>I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Tenba. I've a couple
of their bags, and though I'm no pro-user they do seem very strong, they
wore out a pair of new trousers in a weeks walking in Israel - the Cordura
rubbing against my wallet filled back pocket... "Too much money", I hear
you say! Not any longer...
<BR>And they came in a funky shade of burnt orange, great for repelling
people who might want to walk off with it discreetly!

<P>One's like a satchel which could do to be just a little larger, I can
squeeze an A4 pad into the rear pocket if its really thin, I suspect it
was made for your 'legal' paper size. This holds maybe 2 bodies with lenses,
another couple of lenses back to back (up top) and down below a brick of
film, or maybe three more lenses, but of course you can rearrange the partitions
to suit yourself. 12 1/2" x 9 1/2" x 3". I see they make three models like
this now, all of which are a little larger.

<P>The second one is a Tenba (Aqua) Pro Pack ("the favourite top photojournalist
bag since 1977" - oh yeah?) this claims to be completely waterproof, well
it doesn't zip up, so you have to remember to leave it upright with the
top well strapped down, but it's been in some downpoors with me and done
alright. I keep all my SL stuff in there, sucks up a 15mm lens in one of
those front pockets nicely!

<P>Tenba have never been well known in Britain, are they really that popular
in the 'States?
<BR>I know Jim's not a terrific fan!

<P>Jem

<P>Donal Philby wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Perhaps a Tenba bag is next.&nbsp; Designed by a
photojournalist, they should
<BR>be good to work out of, not just for looking good.

<P>Donal Philby
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------F7BC436C665E58C098885591--