Subject: Re: [Leica] LOWEPRO BAGS - OOPS!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:18:59 -0700

>My large R camera backpack is a Tamrac, my small R camera backpack is a
>Lowepro MiniTrekker.
>
>I really "really" like the Tamrac backpack.
>
>I really like the Lowepro MiniTrekker.
>
>I do not like the Tenba large backpack. But I have to use it.
>
>I don't have the model numbers since they don't put them on the bags. The
>Tamrac large pack is more substantial than the Lowepro. But they both work.
>The Tamrac is a little deeper so R cameras and winders are a bit more
>comfortable.
>
>It's the Tenba that is loose and sloppy, but deep. Jeez... bag names are
>swirling in my head.
>
>Jim

dear jim,

your bag system seems overly complicated. here's how i handle it: first i
determine how many bodies and lenses i'll need for a given shoot. as i have
only one body and two lenses, this first step doesn't usually take too
long. i then select an appropriate paper or plastic bag from my extensive
collection of shopping bags saved from various trips to the supermarket,
pharmacy, bookstore, etc. if the weather's on the moist side, i'll grab a
plastic bag. if not, i usually take a brown paper bag. on occasion, i
double bag it. these two bags - whether separately or in combination - have
it all over the photo bags you and others have mentioned in preceeding
posts in that they're light, roomy but not excessively so, and they don't
draw too much attention to themselves - no thief is going to mistake them
for a camera bag! if need be, you can even tote along your lunch.

give 'em a try and let me know how they work.

good luck!

guy bennett