Subject: Re: [Leica] Studio Flash Photography with M6 TTL
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:10:25 -0700

Bob,
If the light for your portraits is provided entirely by the strobes, the
shutter speed is irrelevant (provided that it be within the synch limits of
the camera).
whether you use 1/50, 1/60, or 1/250 sec. the exposure is the same since the
duration of your flash is far shorter than these speeds. The only adjustment
you need to make is the lens opening.
The same goes for auto flash. The TTL sensor will determine the amount of
flash needed according to the lens opening chosen, irrespective of shutter
speed.

Keep in mind that with flash the exposure is made by the combination of
flash intensity and lens opening. The shutter speed is merely a "gate" to
allow the light to reach the film.

Joseph Codispoti