Subject: Re: [Leica] Studio Flash Photography with M6 TTL
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:42:30 +0000

Given the 1/50th sync speed of the M family, I'd mount the camera on
a tripod and expose at 1/30th.  That way the ambient light would open
the shadows a bit.  That's the approach I took with my last protrait
shoot (tho I used an R8, older 90 elmarit which has fantastic
portrait qualities at f/4, and a single studio head into an
unbrella). Also, having the camera on a tripod provided more freedom
for me to work with the subject.

You don't mention the type of film you're using, but if it's color
neg, I've found  that slight overexposure doesn't hurt.

Roy