Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Printer Compatibility
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 22:53:26 -0300

Bryant:

IEEE stands for International E? Electical Engineers and is just a standard
for parallel printer cables that communicate bi-directionally.  In other
words, the printer talks back to the computer, rather than it being a one
way conversation.  Your machine is new enough to support this feature.  USB
is Universal Serial Bus and is a new communications port recently
introduced.  It is not likely your machine has this and these ports are
only supported properly in Windows 98 and probably the latest Mac OS.

I would go for a Epson Photo EX which is probably pretty cheap since a new
model has been introduced to replace it.  The Epson Photo EX will print
much larger prints than the models you mentioned.  I think it does up to
11x17, which will allow you to make prints over 11x14.  The other printers
only do about 8x10, which seem small in comparison.  It uses a standard
bi-directional printer port which is most likely on your machine.

Regards,

Robert