Subject: Re: [Leica] LOWEPRO BAGS
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 22:43:37 -0300

Mark:

If you have the Orion AW, it comes with a little back pack which attaches
to the Orion to make a pack with shoulder straps.  The small pack is
perfect for film, some lunch and a jacket.  My orion holds an R8 with lens
mounted, R6 with Motor, and four or five lenses depending on how long they
are.  It is pretty heavy with this much stuff in it.  I like it because you
do not have to take it off to get at whats in it which you have to do with
the back packs.

I also have the Pro treker AW and find it is very heavy when loaded up.
With this and the other packs, it is only practical to get into them by
taking them off and placing them flat on the ground.  That is of course if
you do not have an assistant that will either carry it for you or dig out
the gear you need while it is still on your back.

Last summer after using the Pro Trecker to carry lots of gear in
Newfoundland, I got so sore and tired that I decided to leave the R's and
lenses in the truck and use a M6 and the 35,50,90 combination when I did
the trek up Gross Morne Mountain.  The camera and lenses fit in a small
waist pouch, padded by my spare socks.  I found that these focal lengths
were all I needed anyways.

Regards,

Robert

Regards,