Subject: Re: [Leica]Tina's R4 (was salgado lenses)
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 20:46:46 GMT

It's nice to hear of someone who is using the much lamented R4.  Despite all
the bad press, my early production model works perfectly after many years.

What could be a better alternative for a user who wants Leica glass but
doesn't want to pay collectors mark ups...You can get an R4 in great shape
WITH a perfect Summicron 50 for less than 500!  Even with the possible
$300.00 rebuild you are still ahead by a mile compared to the later cameras.

Plus, when you only pay 500 for a camera you spend more time taking pictures
and less time polishing the dust off!

Good luck in Honduras!
Dan