Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Where to have a lens serviced?
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 12:39:46 +0200

George Huczek wrote:

> The Leica service rep I spoke to said it is quite common for Leica
> owners to send in lenses to have them tweaked.  Tighten the focusing
> ring a bit, loosen the aperture ring a bit ... must drive them crazy.

Shouldn't think so: I should think they take pride in giving that
amount of attention to each customer.  I expect that what drives them
crazy is people who expect the laws of physics, nature and manufacturing
to be rendered invalid simply because they've paid $2000 for an item.

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------