Subject: [Leica] RE; Ltm Canon 50mm F 1.2
From: JIB <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 22:16:46 -0700

I own this lens, and it has a poor reputation.  But, for a $150  f1.2
normal lens what do you really want.  It is not a noctilux and you can
not expect that kind of performance from this lens.   This lens has the
unique gualities, it is not a Leica lens and I would not compare it one,
but it is a very contrasty lens and it works well in low light.  I have
owned one of these for a long time and have always enjoyed the results.
Why not try it and see if you if suits your needs.  And yes it will on
work on both the Leica and Canon thread mount.  I use mine with a
bayonet adapter on an M3ds.

HTH
John