Subject: Re: [Leica] thambar questions
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 18:34:48 -0400

Hi!
I am sure Marc, our LTM Guru, will set me straight if I am wrong, but I
thought the central spot was to minimize the light falloff at the edges when
the lens was used wide open- when it was at its softest. The couple of
copies I have seen were in pretty miserable condition, too; it was as if
they were not appreciated for their rarity before most had been neglected
and ill treated.
Me, I'll stick with what I can afford!- the Good Ole Uncoated Summar for
softness!  :o}~
Dan