Subject: [Leica] thambar questions
From: "Carlos Blanco" <cblanco@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 16:48:07 -0300

hello luggers!
    Some days a go a collectionist showed me a thambar lens just for the
purpose of improving my leica culture. He said It was quite expensive. I
could verify that info in some of the price list of several leica vendors
(tamarkin, wall street camera and so on). But one question remains on my
mind: why is it so expensive? I'm asking from the technical point of view.
By the way, I noticed that the lens had a filter with a plated circle in the
central part, a kind of mirror I guess. What is it for?

Leically

Carlos