Subject: [Leica] Demo or Repaired camera?
From: "delia" <louzan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 21:10:50 -0000

- ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BEA7BC.3BB28CC0

A refurbished item is not a demo.  A demo is a store sample and should =
only be sold as that -- I can't say I'm surprised though.=20
If the camera is refurbished it should work fine. It should not be sold =
as a demo -- and some of the people who are selling these refurbished =
cameras as demos and gray market products are authorized Leica dealers.  =
Check the back of Shutterbug for the culpables (I won't mention names =
since some of our members hold them in high esteem).  Leica isn't the =
only one -- I had a similar problem with another camera manufacturer. =20
LeicaUSA has to get its act together -- you can't bitch about gray =
market, and take it out on consumers, when you are largely responsible =
for the problem. =20
I for one think that Mamiya and Rollei set a great example.  I really =
don't want to wade through all that Bull crap:  New, LN, box LN, Demo, =
Demo 1 year warranty, 1 year warranty Mint, 1 year warranty from Canada, =
Demo w/ box, Demo in box, Demo w/box M-, International warranty, 6 =
months of passport left, never used, sealed box, in box new, Mint, Mint =
box strap, Mint box card, new design, unused,unused sale, latest unused, =
unused sealed box, USA warranty may be additional, store warranty, store =
sample, stores own exclusive warranty, mail order price only, store =
prices may vary, 5 lenses left, parallel import, w/ box demo LN , and my =
favorite New Display.=20
I'm sure Leica USA will claim that they mark the boxes of refurbished =
items with a dot, and that they are not responsible for what a dealer =
does -- which still doesn't make it right.  Maybe they should destroy =
the cameras in the first place or give them to programs like Shooting =
Back, Amnesty International, etc.

Robert

PS:  By the way, I never received digest V9 #9 -- can anybody forward it =
to me?  Thanks.

- ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BEA7BC.3BB28CC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML =
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>A refurbished item is not a =
demo.&nbsp; A demo=20
is a store sample and should only be sold as that -- I can't say I'm =
surprised=20
though.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>If the camera is refurbished it =
should work=20
fine. It should not be sold as a demo -- and some of the people who are =
selling=20
these refurbished cameras as demos and gray market products are =
authorized Leica=20
dealers.&nbsp; Check the back of Shutterbug for the culpables (I won't =
mention=20
names since some of our members hold them in high esteem).&nbsp; =
</FONT><FONT=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Leica isn't the only one -- I had a similar =
problem with=20
another camera manufacturer.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>Leica</FONT><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>USA has to get its =
act together --=20
you can't bitch about gray market, and take it out on consumers, when =
you are=20
largely responsible for the problem.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I for one think that Mamiya and =
Rollei set a=20
great example.&nbsp; I really don't want to wade through all that Bull=20
crap:&nbsp; New, LN, box LN, Demo, Demo 1 year warranty, 1 year warranty =
Mint, 1=20
year warranty from Canada, Demo w/ box, Demo in box, Demo w/box M-,=20
International warranty, 6 months of passport left, never used, sealed =
box, in=20
box new, Mint, Mint box strap, Mint box card, new design, unused,unused =
sale,=20
latest unused, unused sealed box, USA warranty may be additional, store=20
warranty, store sample, stores own exclusive warranty, mail order price =
only,=20
store prices may vary, 5 lenses left, parallel import, w/ box demo LN , =
and my=20
favorite New Display. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm sure Leica USA will claim that =
they mark the=20
boxes of refurbished items with a dot, and that they are not responsible =
for=20
what a dealer does -- which still doesn't make it right.&nbsp; Maybe =
they should=20
destroy the cameras in the first place or give them to programs like =
Shooting=20
Back, Amnesty International, etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Robert</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>PS:&nbsp; By the way, I never =
received digest V9=20
#9 -- can anybody forward it to me?&nbsp; =
Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BEA7BC.3BB28CC0--