Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 and the use of quick mounts?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:01:52 -0700

Pete Myers wrote:

>I am not current subscribed due to my travels, so I would appreciate a direct
>reply.
>myerspete@aol.com
>
>I am considering jumping ranks of the R users to go with an M6 0.85. But I am
>a monopod user and I am concerned about trying to find and use a quick mount
>with the M6. Will I have to remove the quick mount each and every time I
>re-load???? Or is there some way of getting around this problem.

I use a Manfrotto #354 quick mount adaptor for my Leica and other 35 and
120 cameras. The platse are not particularly small, but the camera plate
can be ground down with a Dremel tool to a size which fits on the baseplate
of an M Leica. It also fits a Mamiya 6 without fouling the spool pop-outs,
and works on Hasselblad, Noblex, smaller 4x5's etc. It is not as elegant as
the Arca Swiss plates, but not as big either, and can be shaped to fit. I
have the bottom part on a Cullman ballhead that I like, which is usually on
a 1228 Gitzo, and the plates also fit the small geared head from Manfrotto,
which I use a lot on larger tripods.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com