Subject: [Leica] Henri Cartier-Bresson
From: ALANS STOKES <AlanStokes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:43:18 -0400

Dear Luggers
I recently visited the HCB exhibition at the The National Portrait Gallery
in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Apart from the superb content of photographs spanning 60 odd years, the
thing that amazed me was the stunning quality obtained from 1930's Leica
lenses.
Some of the prints on display were huge and the quality was fantastic. I
noticed on some of the prints the negative area actually merged into the
sprocket holes, perhaps this is a lesson for all of us not to get carried
away with cropping in an attempt to improve the image.
Just take photographs and use the full frame (sprocket holes and all).

Alan Stokes