Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Filter and shades
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:20:29 +1000

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> snip
> Five more filters and your camera clerk gets a trip to Hawaii.
> If you can't throw em in the back of you pickup what the heck good are
> they! Almost..
>
>  You almost never see pros use' em. To me
> its the mark of the amateur not that that's so terrible.

Mark,

Don't get your tits in a tangle,  Amateurs aren't necessarily to stupid, not to
know,  the problems a UV filter can course. I am definitely an amateur
(photographic that is).
But I don't use UV filters. However I use a filter, when it is needed, I can not
remember shooting B&W without a yellow filter. I don't care what the film
manufacturers say, about being super panchromatic or whatever. I use it, and are
happy with it.

Nothing like a happy amateur, is there?

Regards,   Horst Schmidt

N.B. also don't see the need for lens caps. The sun shade left on the lens is the
answer, I believe.