Subject: Re: [Leica] another new kid / Rokkor lens
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 07:39:08 +0100

Dave,
I know of no site which lists information other than Steven Gandy's
'Cameraquest', sorry, don't know the URL off hand. This details the CLE's use
and (if I remember correctly) the lenses too.
You may wish to know that the lens will not activate the 28mm frames on your
M6. This can be rectified (permanently and irreversibly) by any competent
repairer, as a small activating lug needs to be filed down.
I have recently sold one of these lenses to a professional 'Art' photographer
who'd lost his Elmarit 28mm, he's very happy with it. (-a very subjective
report!)
There is a common fault that develops and with which you can maybe bargain the
price down, the rear element seems to lift off a black painted internal holder.
This produces whitish looking bubbles seen from the rear, internally. It
doesn't saeem to afeect performance much, if at all. It's rare to see a lens
without this problem.
The lens cap is very rare, these have been seen for sale at $250 I believe,
it's a very effective lens cap providing no loss of picture during viewing.

best of luck,
Jem