Subject: RE: [Leica] Elmarit-R 35 Experiences?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 06:21:13 +0200

Harrison, Mikiro,

While I have no direct experience of the Elmarit R 35mm,  you might like to
read CdI's comment on it (dates back a few years):

"The performances go right through the ceiling: very good sharpness in the
center at f2.8, excellent from there on! In the angles, good sharpness at
f2.8, very good from there on! Distortion is well contained (0.3 pct only).
Vignetting, visible at f2.8 (0.7 EV), very small at f4 (0.4 EV) and
negligible from there on. It is as good as the Summicron f2, built just as
nicely, and much less expensive: a bargain not to be missed! " The lens got
5 stars for its performances (4 for the summicron and 3 for the summilux).

So, that looks like 'razor-sharp' to me. ;-)

Alan

On jeudi 20 mai 1999 20:06, Mikiro Mori [SMTP:arbos@silva.net] wrote:
> Hi, This is just my humble impression .  I used this lens for several
years
> and felt a reserved character.  I remember it is not amazingly sharp.
 After
> I got a 35/2M asph, it always remained on the shelf, and I parted with
it.
> Recently, however, I feel like using this lens again because I am now
> interested more in older lenses than in the current razor-sharp ones.
 One