Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V8 #100
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 15:39:01 -0700

I've got an R-28mm lens, the old kind with the hood. It doesn't seem to
have the zing that my 35 f2 and 19 f2.8 (both new version) and I'm
wondering if anyone could venture an opinion on the old 28 v. the new
one with the built-in hood. I bought it well-used, though the elements
are quite clean. After reading Erwin's comparison of the off-brand
M-28mm against older an newer Leica M-28mm's, he notes recognizeable
difference between the old and new. I'm wondering if that would be true
of the R 28's.

Thanks,

Dave Yoder