Subject: Re: [Leica] NYC Leica source for Leica-Newbie?
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:38:57 -0500 (GMT+5)

At 10:18 AM 19/05/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>As I refine my selection for a first Leica outfit, I am now wondering where
>to get it.  I live about 25 mi from NYC, so I was planning to go there to
>look and make my decision.   Does anyone have recommendations for a store
>with a good selection of new and used equipment, reputable reputation, and
>generally good attitude?
>
>I'll probably look at a used M2, M4, or M6 and a 35/2 or 50/2 Summicron of
>70's vintage.
>
>My first inclination was to go to Tamarkin.  Any feedback?
>
>Should I rent an outfit first?

I have got Leica equipment from Tamarkin (Noctilux) , B&H (M6 + 35
summicron, by mail), and Wall street Camera (24 mm Asph, and R8), I have
never had a problem. When you go to Wall Street camera you can handle all
the equipment, see what is new and there is no pressure on you to buy  and
you can spend a lot of time just looking (ask for Eli), Tamarkin is a good
place too but I havenīt been there recently,  B&H is a big place but really
crowded, I like the used equipment department.

If you have never used rangefinder Leicas, you should rent or try one first.

My one cent

Jorge Saravia.