Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo trip to Fiji islands
From: Colin Sheehan <csheehan@spiderweb.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:20:18 +1000

Gerald Hsu wrote:
> I'll be leaving for Fiji next week for a two weeks vacation/photo trip.
> I was wondering if any of you who has been to Fiji islands could share
> your experience in terms of places to stay, eat, and see (photography)
> there. This will be my first time experience to the south Pacific so
> your suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gerald
It has been some time since I was last in Fiji, but I can heartily recommend it.
The main islands are not as interesting as the outer islands. The highlands of
the main islands have some grandeur, but the smaller islands are spectacular in
the extreme, particularly if you dive.

I spent most of my time at Mana Isl which is out of Nadi (the airport town) by
ferry. There are any number of other options open to you, but above all,
befriend the NATIVE Fijians and you will experience some of life's most
beautiful people and if you ask nicely, you may get to visit their home islands
(not normally open to tourists).

When you come back, we will expect to see a website on the trip? I couldn't help
taking over a thousand photo's in 2 weeks. Most were good enough to keep.
Photographic shopping was pretty good when I was there too.

All the best
Col
- --
Colin Sheehan
Cooran, Qld. Australia
csheehan@spiderweb.com.au
My Home Page starts here - http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/9254/
HMAS Kanimbla Cruise home page - http://members.xoom.com/ozcut/kanimbla.htm
Balkan Folk Music - http://www2.spiderweb.com.au/~csheehan

Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?