Subject: [Leica] Enlarger question....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:04:34 -0400

Folks of the LUG!
I know this is a tad off topic, but I have a problem, and am hoping someone
amongst you all can help!
I have a Beseler 23C ( I know, Iknow- condolenceses accepted!), and
seriously, I like it. I would also like to use one or more of my Leitz/Leica
lenses on it, specifically the 5cm Elmar, for which I bought a VALOO shade
so I could adjust the aperture more easily.
I have literally run into a snag- the recessed board for the 23C in not wide
enough to accomodate the focusing lever of the SM lenses, and it hangs on
the edge of the recess. If I had unlimited funds and a philistine heart, I
would take a Dremel tool and cut the bugger off, but I was hoping someone
might have tried to do what I want to do- and help me NOT re-invent the
wheel!.
Can you get wider recessed lens boards? Does anyone fabricate them as after
market devices? Any help here would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Dan(2)