Subject: [Leica] Re: my new website
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 23:25:39 -0400

I've tried to reply privately to everyone who has visited my website and
sent comments to me, but in case I've missed anyone, THANK YOU for your
comments and suggestions!  I'm overwhelmed!

To answer a few of the questions, no I'm not using a tripod much, aside
from the White-tailed Kite (I was hiding in a blind) and the adult Northern
Goshawk (1/4 sec exposures require some extra support...).  And to add to
the hand-held vs. tripod thread, I typically use the fastest shutter speed
I possibly can even if it's only 1/60 sec (the Prairie Warbler photo).  In
the almost 20 years I've been using the 400 f/6.8 I doubt I've used it at
something other than f/6.8 more than once or twice.  With Leica glass in
hand I don't question the imaging qualities of the lens at full aperture.

The scans are all on a Kodak PhotoCD; I've just gotten some more scans and
I'll add them to my website as time permits, and post a messge here once
the site's been updated.

Doug Herr
Sacramento