Subject: Re: [Leica] Modify Nikon F body to accept Leica R lenses?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 04:52:30 +0800

Andrew,

I had this idea once but after having done some measurements, I
concluded it would not work because of the different mount registers:

Nikon F = 46.5mm
Leica R = 47.0mm

That means the Leica R to Nikon F adaptor would have to be only 0.5mm
thick, and I guess this would be technically very difficult to achieve.

However, I also noticed the mount register Canon EOS is 44.0 mm, and it
so happened Novoflex has a Leica R to Canon EOS adapter.  Should you
want to use your Leica R lenses on an inexpensive body you may like to
look into getting the Novoflex adapter and a low end Canon EOS body,
such as the Rebel 2000.  As a bonus, you will have focus confirmation,
motorised film advance, as well as TTL flash.

I have been using Leica R lenses on my EOS 1n and 3 - and I no longer
care if the R8 Motor Drive will ever materialise.  ;-)

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Joseph