Subject: Re: [Leica] new Digilux arriving?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:49:28 -0400

Jeff-
I got a Digilux, and from a LUGGER who wanted a MAVICA FD-91 supposedly with
better resolution.... his photos can't touch the Digilux. I can make 4x6
prints that look as good as what I do on the Fuji printer at the store, 5x7s
that you need a really close look to tell that they are digital, and 8x10s
that look good at normal viewing distances- 18", a cubit, 465mm, but show
some digital artifacts on closer view.
I would imagine that the Fuji MX-2700 is one heck of a camera, and I saw one
on the web for $699, so the price is right! If Leica makes another foray in
to consumer digital, I would imagine they will use their software, but I'll
be honest with you- since I use Corel Photo Paint, the bundled software is
not that important.
The Digilux battery lasts pretty well as it is a lithium ion battery, and I
can fill a couple of 16meg SmartMedia cards between charges. IT is small
 the MX2700 is actually smaller) and easily put in a shirt pocket.
I enjoy it for making photos to put on the web and for sending to friend-
and for just playing around with the Epson Photo700 printer! Great thing for
those rainy days when you can't get out with a "real" camera!!!
Dan