Subject: Re: [Leica] Reassuring the public
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 19:29:58 -0700

Paul Chefurka wrote:
>I headed over to the park again tonight at dinner time, and had a
>couple of great hours shooting my brains out.  As I was leaving, I saw
>the fellow who had spoken to me last night, thereby precipitating this
>whole round of soul-searching.  I went over to him, and asked if he
>would like to see some of the work I've done.  He said he would very
>much like to see it, so I handed over my little album.  He took one of
>my cards, then he and his family went through the photos.  They loved
>them.  I told him about the essay competition, and he said "Ahhh.   So
>*that's* what you're doing!"  I reassured him that I fully understood
>his concerns, he said he now accepted that I was one of the good guys
>and wished me luck in the competition.  We shook hands and parted as
>friends.>>>>>

Paul,

Good for you!! A big bonus in this fellow as he'll be in conversation with
other parents and or the other parents will see the two of chatting
evenings and the word will get around. :)

Good on you, I'm sure the next few months will become a great picture
taking time leading to a successful essay winner !

Your experience shared with the LUG may well make it esiear for others to
have a go using your method of presentation and introduction.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant