Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol long
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 17:11:20 -0400

At 04:22 PM 5/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>My first batch of Xtol is now washing.
>Mark :-) Rabiner
>It works!

Mark -

Watch the expiration on that Xtol!  I had read that it sometimes suddenly
expires with no warning but I'd never had any problems and I've been using
it since it first came out.  I had a little bit left of a gallon that
shouldn't have expired until September so I used it for six rolls of Tri-X
that I took in London and Chartres last week.  It had expired!!   Very
faint negatives that I tried intensifying with no luck.  Made me sick!
Next time I'll test it or toss it!

Leically,

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com/