Subject: [Leica] Loupes and quality
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 19:28:29 EDT

The Rodenstock 4x Aspheric won out for me (by a very close margin) over the
Leica 5x.  Both were razor sharp across the field, but the latter added a
faint warmish tinge to the image, kind of like looking at it through a
skylight.  That and its price (something close to $300 from B&H) made the
Rodenstock seem quite a bargain.  Not too impressed with the Schneiders (4x
and 10x) so I'm not surprised by some of the previous comments on those.
Haven't tried Maxwell Optics though.