Subject: [Leica] Loupes and quality
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 09:58:53 -0700

	A few people on the LUG have discussed loupes.  If you are looking
for a new loupe, the best loupe is not a familiar brand name.
	I personlly use 6x and 4x loupes for 35mm and medium format, and
both are from a tiny company called "Maxwell Precision Optics."
404-244-0095.
	IMO, they are THE BEST loupes available on the market.  Since I know
some may doubt this, please note they are also the first choice for FBI
forensic scientists, departments within the CIA, and many local municipal
labs where they study things in extreme detail.  Bill Maxwell is the owner,
and a Leicaphile as well so he knows quality.
	His loupes were also rated #1 in magazines such as Photo District
News (Joe Meehan wrote the article and liked the loupe so much he bought
it), Shutterbug (Bob owns one), Pop Photo, and others.  They aren't cheap,
but neither are the Schneider, Rodenstock, and others that bear a more
familiar logo. However, they are the absolute best you can buy.

	Peter K