Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 09:43:08 -0700

I think this statement sums it up rather nicely :-)

> Bottom line is, I've seen too many pictures that were technically perfect
> but aesthetically boring.  I've also seen a lot of pictures that were
> technically flawed but emotionally powerful.  Guess which category the
> most
> famous photographs in the world usually fall into?  ;)

	While we all would like to have the sharpest most contrasty pictures
(hence the reason we all gravitate to Leica), I often find many
photographers lose sight of the image.  Ever notice the photographers that
have the latest gems are often the worst photographers?
	Rochard Avedon uses an 8x 10 (older model) but still keeps 4 old
Rollei TLRs (all are 2.8s if anyone cares) in his studio.  Yes, he also has
a 'blad, but he prefers the Rolleis [he said this in an interview in
American Photographer a few years back].
	While he doesn't have the latest cameras and lenses, etc. he create
wonderful images.

Peter K