Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 battery
From: Stan and Mary Kephart <KEPHARTOL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 99 07:46:23 -0500

Dan Cardish wrote:

>I have never understood the logic behind keeping the shutter dial set to
>"B" when storing the camera.  The only way that the battery can be consumed
>is if you leave the camera shutter cocked.  And if you leave the shutter
>cocked in your camerra bag, the only way the battery can be consumed is if
>something in the bag is pushing against the shutter release button.  And if
>something is pushing against the shutter release button, there is a very
>good chance that the shutter will be released.  Since you end up with a
>camera being stored with the shutter UNcocked (with a wasted frame to
>boot), why not have it in that state to start with, when you store the
>camera in the bag?

Good Morning Friends,

Last fall when i was visiting Leica NJ, I pulled my M6 out of the camera
bag
with the shutter cocked and dial not on "B."  Neils Thorsen and Bill, one
of
the repair people looked at me as though I'd committed a crime, and
advised me
always to put the camera in the Bag on "B" and to release the shutter.
Since
I've been doing this my batteries last longer.

Best,

MK