Subject: [Leica] Leica Users digest V8 #82
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:37:56 EDT

Regarding the 60mm filter issue, I have successfully used a 60--55 step down
ring, which I have come to leave on always and use a 55 mm Leica lens cap.  I
even have used a second step down ring to 49mm and seen no vignetting!  Take
a look at how much space there is between the glass and the filter threads.
I have never noticed an inability to focus at infinity, but I also use Leica
& B+W filters (except the Tiffen 812), so maybe cheaper , thicker filters
have a problem.

Second, I was tryig to find a web site I last visited probably about a year
ago, which I believe was in Germany and contained compilations of Color
Photo, CDI and other test reports, on most all of the Leica and Contax
lenses, as well as the maajor Japanese and a few independents.  I believe he
had the title "Lens Test Almanac."  I have not been able to find the cite
recently.  Can anyone tell me the URL?

Tom