Subject: Re: [Leica] Domke F-803
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 22:50:15 -0400

AHA! My secret is out- I am not a professional, so mine didn't/doesn't get
the day to day beating some of these bags get. Even so, I have had too many
cheapo bags that started to come apart after a couple of years.
It reminds me of buying chairs for our communication center for 911
operators. We would get the best office task chairs at 700-800 dollars a
pop, with an unconditional five year warranty. Our suppliers were amazed
that after about a year, the chairs started to go back for repairs- they
didn't realize that our crew, all four squads, keep the chairs hot for 24
hours a day, seven days a week!
It is the same with cameras and bags! Shoot! Tina didn't have her Nocti
anytime at all, before it started to fall apart! Me?, I don't use one enough
to wear it out in 50 years!
It is nice to see that the working photographers have driven the equipment
market enough that some things are being made to stand up to the rigors of
everyday use! ( Like Leicas, ay?)
Dan