Subject: Re: [Leica] Back to the fifties
From: "Tom R. Rice" <tomrice@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 11:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

> Tom, if you still have that CL, get it CLA'd to fix the meter problem,
> then buy a CRIS adaptor to allow a modern silver-oxide cell to be used
> in place of the 625, and enjoy many more years of using it - I'm
> convinced that Oskar Barnack would have loved the CL.

	Forgive my iggorance, but I'm not familiar
	with the term CLA.  I assume there's a favorite
	repair guy involved?

	The sticky meter is the only problem.  The Hg
	batteries are smuggled to me by a German friend
	(who also sends me Berkies cheap!), so I'm doing
	O.K. in that area.  Other than that, the CL is the
	one which travels with me.  I normally use the 40mm
	lens which came with it, but I also have a set of
	screw-mount adaptors, so I can use the 90mm Elmar
	and 28mm Summaron, too.  It's a fine camera, no
	doubt about it.

	The spring flowers are out now and I'm gonna take
	the suggestion of another list member and spend the
	afternoon with the II(D) and the NOOKY in the field,
	"testing" out the old Elmar f3.5.  The II(D) camera
	was purchased in 1933, the year I was born; I bought
	it from the original owner in 1948, when I was in
	high school.  Something neat about a machine which
	is as old as I am and functions better than I do  ;-)

	Best Regards, trr

- --
"Start off every day with a smile and get it over with."  --W.C.Fields
Tom R. Rice
tomrice@netcom.com