Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rigid SM Summicron question.....
From: "Tom R. Rice" <tomrice@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 10:30:22 -0700 (PDT)

Summicron 50 rigid chrome:
1.160 screw mount = rarity R8 = exhibition item = once in 5
years

	I guess the serial numbers didn't start at zero,
	then, since my lens is No. 17075xx

	The same number is on the lens head as well as
	on the focusing mount.

	There's also an adaptor which allows the use
	of the lens head on a SOOKY close-focuser
	and the lens-mounting plate in my Focomount
	fits the lens head (VSPOO).

	Considering that I bought the lens used in 1970
	for $125, I'm boggled.

	Thank you for the information.  Now I have a big
	decision to make  ;-)

- --
"Start off every day with a smile and get it over with."  --W.C.Fields
Tom R. Rice
tomrice@netcom.com