Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 15:30:27 -0400

>        Just to add to Ted's wisdom...
>
>A friend of mine who used to manage a pro photography shop told me he could
>tell who the real photographers were when they bought lenses.  The "serious"
>photographers filled out the warrenty cards in the store, left the boxes
>behind and stuck the lens in their bag.... and went shooting!
>
>The "geeks" would complain if there were scratches or dents in the box....
>
>...seems about right to me.
>
>Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
>St. John's, Newfoundland.
>http://www.straylight.ca/locke

I always get a chuckle out of seeing the horror-struck expression on the
faces of dealers when I buy I piece of equipment and leave the outer box
and non-warranty/instruction crap behind for them to throw away. I did it
when I bought my M6 and the poor guy nearly had a stroke because all I took
with me was the plastic box, warranty card and instruction booklet - Oh my
God! There goes the collectability! :-)

Happy shooting...