Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 12:22:43 -0700

No one has mentioned this and think that it really is the case the issue
behind the Made in Germany thing is an image thing and crucial. Leica is
interested in how people see them and what they are selling on a
personal image level. I'm sure it was thought and I believe that the
thought was right that the amount of people who were decking themselves
out with their new Leica gear and those leather shorts and so on and the
expensive car and "What kind of man reads playboy?" accessories who when
they got home from a exhilarating day of shooting fourteen exposures and
read the fine print on their cherished mechanical morsel and it said
"Made in Canada/Portugal" felt that they had to reevaluate their whole
life style persona and where they would be blowing that next extra
couple of grand.
Those people are not a small minority. Leica is an image thing!
Mark Rabiner