Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: "Art Peterson" <peterson_art@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 08:35:16 PDT

Regarding the question of whether the new 90mm ASPH lens is made in Germany
or Canada, Ted Grant wrote:

"It doesn't matter a hill of beans where the hell it's made! Put the damn
lens on the camera go shoot pictures...[and]...don't get me off with this
line, 'quite certain Leica lenses made in Canada may be equal'   What the
hell is 'may be?'   You're damn right the lenses made in Canada are equal to
those made in Germany."

I can attest to that.  I own several Canadian Leica products that are all
superbly made, and among which is a 90mm Summicron-R lens that is so strong
and heavy and well made that it feels as if it were carved out of a solid
block of steel.  A better made photographic product is not imagineable.

Art Peterson