Subject: [Leica] Re: 90 mm APO-ASPH M
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 19:33:41 -0400

Ted,

When I read "Manufactured in Canada" in this post I exclaimed "all right!"
loud enough for my wife to come in and ask what was going on. Sure wish I
could afford one to go with my "Made in Canada" 75 Summi and Noctilux!!!

Ken Wilcox

At 02:13 PM 5/7/99 -0700, Ted wrote:
>Francois Asquin wrote:
>
><<<<<showed me the definitive version of the 90 mm APO-ASPH M. It seems to
>be a very nice piece of glass. According to him, Leica is now only waiting
>to have enough lenses in stock to launch it on market. Normally in some
>weeks.
>>
>>The version I saw yesterday was stamped "Manufactured in Canada".>>>>>>>>>
>
>Oh my Gawd here we go again!!  One of them damn inferior assembled Canadian
>made Leica lenses! Damn, now why would they go and do that having them made
>in Canada?  Don't they remember the hassles over the M4 being made there
>and that big heavy Noctilux lens had to be moved to Germany because the
>Canadian's designed it, but the made in Canada caused such howl!
>
>For heavens sake you'd think they'd have learned by now that no Leica
>products are as good as those made in Germany!
>
>My goodness just wait until the Leica world hears about this one, it pales
>beside the three year wait for the R8 motor.  (snicker) :):)
>
>I just have to take my medication, how could they possibly do this to us?
>We the Leica users of the world.  Made in Canada you say? Pity!:)
>
>You guys and gals had better all have a good sense of funny bone humour
>with this one. But then.......... I bet it'll get wild! :)
>
>Ted Grant
>This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler.
>http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>