Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:13:22 -0700

Francois Asquin wrote:

<<<<<showed me the definitive version of the 90 mm APO-ASPH M. It seems to
be a very nice piece of glass. According to him, Leica is now only waiting
to have enough lenses in stock to launch it on market. Normally in some
weeks.

>The version I saw yesterday was stamped "Manufactured in Canada".>>>>>>>>>

Oh my Gawd here we go again!!  One of them damn inferior assembled Canadian
made Leica lenses! Damn, now why would they go and do that having them made
in Canada?  Don't they remember the hassles over the M4 being made there
and that big heavy Noctilux lens had to be moved to Germany because the
Canadian's designed it, but the made in Canada caused such howl!

For heavens sake you'd think they'd have learned by now that no Leica
products are as good as those made in Germany!

My goodness just wait until the Leica world hears about this one, it pales
beside the three year wait for the R8 motor.  (snicker) :):)

I just have to take my medication, how could they possibly do this to us?
We the Leica users of the world.  Made in Canada you say? Pity!:)

You guys and gals had better all have a good sense of funny bone humour
with this one. But then.......... I bet it'll get wild! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant