Subject: [Leica] Medium format and AF
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:45:59 -0700

Mark,

Give it time.  Mamiya said they would not have AF as did Pentax and now you
have Pentax, Contax, and Mamiya 645 AF SLRs.  Unfortunately, only Leica
remains as the only 35mm camera manufacturer without an AF model.  Even
Contax came out with their Conaxt AX, not exactly a great camera but it
provides something they didn't have, AF, allowing them to enter a new
market.
Its only a matter of time before Samsung (who owns Rollei) has them produce
an AF 6x6cm SLR which will be a killer.  Many wedding photographers would
love to have one, since our eyes are not the same as we get older.   As to
Hasselblad, forget it! They haven't changed their design since 1957, just
change some things about their lenses.  Yet another company stuck in the
past,
or as their slogan may read "pretending to make progress, so we can charge
you more!"

Peter K