Subject: [Leica] Bye
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 01:28:42 -0500

Friends, and others:

I have decided that for the time being, I'm getting off the Leica list.

Nobody has driven me away. I'm too stubborn for that. Some people have been
asking when I have time to make pictures. Well, I do work 40 hours a week!

Well, that's not quite accurate. If anyone is driving me away, it's me. I
don't like the tone I've been taking on so many of my posts. For that I
apologize. It's not like me when I'm face to face with someone. I think the
pressure of the job hunt, and the frustration with the way email works, I
let things get to me that I wouldn't in analog life.

I'm going to take some time off to broaden my horizons. Maybe shoot some
more. Maybe join a Zen list or something and meditate to a level of
calmness that when I come back, I'll be more reasonable and less strident
in my tone.

Whatever. It's been a fun couple of years, guys and gals.

And whenever there's a new development (lens, body, whatever) let me know,
please! (My LFI subscription ran out.)

And private email is most welcome!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.