Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R9 err...Minolta 9 ;-) OFF TOPIC
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 07:45:04 -0500

At 07:56 AM 5/5/99 +0200, you wrote:
>This R9 thing is just yet another rumour, up to now. Funny how these things
>build up from a casual, probably tongue in cheek, statement from an obscure
>Kansas dealer who

Allan, get a clue. He got it from his Leica rep.

And, as well, TO MY FACE - as I said in a recent post - the LEICA REP (not
some back-woods rube as you seem to think Kansan's are) told me that there
will be an AF Leica R. Most likely in the next couple of years.

And get this, this is the same rep. who deals with the dealer I mention.
And this is not some obscure dealer in Kansas. Being on the other side of
the pond, you just don't happen to know that Overland Park, Kansas, which
is part of the metropolitan Kansas City area (pop. 3.5 million) has a
higher per capita income than Beverly Hills, CA. (Don't tell me you're so
lacking in U.S. geography insight you've never heard of Beverly Hills!)
This is a primo camera dealer. Probably one of the top dealers (not just
Leica) in the Midwest. Certainly the top in K.C.

Next time before you characterize the people of a State as being not far
removed from the Stone Age, you ought to do a bit of research so you won't
sound like you just fell of the turnip truck.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes