Subject: Re: [Leica] Are leica users Luddites??
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 07:42:13 -0500

At 01:02 PM 5/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
>that non-AF makes a camera oldfashioned or obsolete is the same as saying
>that
>reading a book is an old fashioned technology because a mindmelt would be the
>high tech way to transfer ideas

I think a few mind meld-downs might just be what's the problem here. :-)

Erwin says it very well. Not every camera is as suited to every job. One
the person who uses one can determine if it meets their needs. The R8 meets
my needs. So would a Nikon F5 if I were a shooter who emphasizes sports
more than I do at this point in my career. If I got a contract with Sports
Illustrated, you'd bet I'd be using an F5. Or an EOS1n.

To denigrate a camera because it doesn't fit one's own personal needs is
simply snobbishness.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?