Subject: [Leica] To AF or not to AF
From: davekaren@webtv.net (Dave and Karen Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 18:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

Gentlemen,

 No amount of auto-anything makes a photographer. I own a Canon 1NRS
(yes intentionally) and a selection of Leica equipment too, none of
which in the hands of an incompetant photog will do anything of any use.
(No $2500 point and shoots here thank you)

 And why own AF equipment that shoots so fast? Well I don't know what
paper you work at (any of you that do) but I like to see several frames
of a given play because sometimes the shot that I get on the initial
frame will not crop well into the hole the editors have layed on the
page (we shoot to exact sizes around here on deadline).

And please no more fist fights, there is room for everyone here, yes?

dave k