Subject: RE: [Leica] AF, a FAD?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 14:04:17 -0700

Eric,

Why do you answer my e-mail 3 times each?  You say "The only people we seem
to have to justify our choice of Leica R8 to is to people who don't know
anything about them (i.e. never used them)."

Well, I have used them, liked them but prefer to use something modern.  No
that is not to say that the R8 is bad, simply that I prefer a different
tool.

Leica's problem is lack of vision not marketing.  They only see the things
they produce and cannot see the market which escapes them.  Hence the reason
they are the sole non-Japanese camera company in the market today.  Contax
is Kyocera, Rollei is Samsung, Leica is luck they are in business.

Peter K