Subject: [Leica] Nikon and Mitsubishi and ownership
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 07:44:54 -0700

Gentlemen,

Nikon and Asahi (Pentax) are both members of the Mitsubishi Int'l (not owned
by it).  This is basically a Japanese association and described as follows:

"Mitsubishi is more than 40 independent companies who share a common
ancestry. The companies conduct business activities separately but cooperate
in areas like philanthropy and public affairs."

Peter K