Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica R Models
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:15:42 -0400

V8 #54 you wrote:
I have a whole Canon
<Eos1n setup that I have been shooting with for years w/ 5 lenses that I'd
like to step out of & step into a Leica R setup>...

The R7 is a good one, the R8 if you can get a better price. I like the
R4s...
Besides M6 35 asph summ... the best combination for me has been R7 and 19
Elmarit.
Also for some reason the R8 and 100 APO macro gives one a sense of
SLR...something.  The R7, more so the R8 is good because you will really
appreciate the M-R difference for the M6 and R8 both "push it" that, the
capabilities that are characteristic of that prototype. Of course many will
say the R8 is this or that...I like the meter-equalization - it's like
living in the camera - unlike the M6 which in one way or another factors in
with the difference/similarity of the M/R.  R7 will serve your expectations,
I think.  R8 may be a bit strange, but offers some nice niceties. R6.2, of
course...but then you may want some feature that is R-like, so the R7-8 will
protect you from SLR limitation...Oh...money... the LUG will pitch in.