Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica revisited & production tolerances
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:49:26 -0700

DonjR wrote:

>Maybe you will advise the readers exactly how you "polished" the faulty
>pressure plate in a step by step review including the equipment and supplies
>you used.  It would be most appreciated.>>>>>>>

Don,

I wont answer for the previous poster, but when I purchased 3 new m4's
right out of the box that appeard to be doing some scratching I just took a
new soft chamois cloth and polished them vigorously, checked with 10X loup
for anything I might see before and after. If I was in doubt I just took
another rip at them. But the scratches went away.

Hell nothing to fixing these inconsistancies if some of you guys used
common sense and scrubbed the hell out of the pressure plate, solve the
problem and get out taking pictures.  Isn't that what you bought the camera
for in the first place?

Now if you have a camera giving you grief, you now know how to fix it.
However, if you do not own a camera creating scratches why waste anymore of
your time and ours posting the long disertations and questions? Just go
take pictures with your perfectly functioning machine. Damn ain't that
simple? :)

Like, if you don't have a scratch situation , "Why sweat it on behalf of
those who do?" They'll get it fixed one way or another.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant