Subject: [Leica] DOF
From: allan jay silver <silver@proaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:51:22 -0700

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:45:33 -0500
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] depth of field information?

Is there a depth of field chart for Leica M lenses?
You do not mention the FL of the wide angle lens you are using...however,
Most lenses have a depth of field markings engraved on the lens next to the
f-stop markings.
	In checking my 35mm elmar I notice that if you preset the distance on the
lens to 7+ feet, everything from 4 feet to infinity will be in focus at
f16.  With a 28 mm FL lens the depth of field at f16 would be even more
dramatic.

Allan