Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica quality MF system ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:53:44 +0200

Jim,

I used to own a Hasselblad (the basic model, 501C) and I think it is a wonderful
system. It shares many of the virtues of Leica: great lenses, mechanical
operation, it is a classic. One thing that makes it very convenient are the film
magazines: rather than having several bodies loaded with different film types,
you just have several magazines that you snap onto the body as required. Another
nice thing about Hasselblad is that just as with Leica, there is a lively
second-hand market out there, making it easy to buy and sell equipment as
needed.

Nathan

Jim Brick wrote:

> This question was asked of me, at my last Leica Workshop. Perhaps I could
> get some feedback from the LUG.
>
> "As a Leica user and enthusiast, and in keeping with the optical quality
> I'm accustomed to, what medium format camera would you recommend should I
> wish to augment my 35mm Leica system with a roll film system?"
>
> I didn't answer the question. I told the person that I would research it
> and get back to them. Which I am doing.
>
> If anyone has any strong feelings, I would indeed be interested and
> grateful for a response. If the LUG is not interested, private mail is fine.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> jim@brick.org

- --